Our family

Our family

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

My Journey- Part 7


The Move...

The actual move I had very little part in.  (Thanks to being pregnant!)  Matt and I have been married 6 years this coming August and we have lived in 6 different homes.  I have done my share of moving and I strongly dislike it, so I wasn’t disappointed to miss out on this one.  Plus, Caylee needed attention and care too and I was/am fully capable of that J 

The move was ok.  Matt and I rented a Budget truck- a SUPER LARGE one!  He and a friend loaded the big stuff the night before and then he finished up the boxes that night.  His parents drove down the next morning and we headed straight out.  The night before, with beds being packed, he and I had to sleep on the floor.  (The air mattress wouldn’t blow up!) So… I was already miserable by early the next morning.  My head was beginning to hurt and of course I had been feeling sick anyways with the pregnancy.  The day turned out to be extremely long and by 8pm that night I was throwing up and then in bed with a massive migraine.  I was glad that day was over.  All that was left was the unpacking!

The next day (Wednesday) I began to feel better and we dove into the unpacking.  Caylee really enjoyed getting into EVERYTHING that she was not supposed to get into.  This was much easier since she had decided to learn to crawl on Monday of that week.  The house is very large and there is a LARGE storage barn out back, not to mention the huge garage.  Matt loved it too!  I was glad since he hadn’t seen it, but so far things seemed to be working out.  The house is an old farm house, but new carpet had just been put in and walls had been painted recently.  It’s surrounded by acres and acres of soy bean fields right now (did I mention we’re 30-45 minutes from the closest “big” city??).  It’s definitely a small town life.  The town of Ottoville that it’s near (2 miles) has just 900 people.  I have NEVER lived anywhere SO small!!! 

Anyways, the unpacking was moving right along and we had headed out to Walmart (the closest store) to stock up the fridge.  Things were about in place by Friday when a MASSIVE storm hit. 

Moving Truck Pics....

 HUGE Truck :)
 Gorgeous sunset on last night...


No comments:

Post a Comment