Our family

Our family

Monday, July 9, 2012

My Journey- Part 2


Year of the Thoroughbred...

Kentucky.  It wasn’t one of the states I remember much about from 2nd grade.  All I knew was that it was the horse capital of the world.  Convenient since my sweet husband is, of course, an equine vet.  So here we were… having spent the past 8 years in Texas, me pregnant with our first child, moving to Lexington, KY to live on the famed Calumet Farm.  Life was definitely about to change. 

The farm was gorgeous, and very private.  I no longer worked and was waiting to have our child.  Matt suddenly worked all the time.  Life was very different.  Thankfully, God provided.  I found a church very quickly, met some amazing ladies who took me in, and made some friends in the other vet wives.  We were blessed to meet our little girl, Caylee Ann, on Matt’s 27th birthday.  She’s been a joy ever since.

Kentucky was beautiful.  We experienced all 4 seasons (although, I thankfully missed the snow since I was visiting friends in Texas at the time- my friend still took pics for me!).  Lexington itself had TONS to do!  There was great shopping, fun parks, and  beautiful farms.  We had a friend who had twin girls that Caylee loved playing with.  Church was amazing, the women’s bible study even more amazing.  For me, it was a very unexpected, great year full of growth and new adventures.    

There was just one problem with Kentucky.  Work.  Matt was working 7 days a week from almost 6:30am-6:30pm.  He would get home in time to see Caylee for just an hour or so before she was off to bed.  He and I never went out.  He was exhausted from working, and I was exhausted from the lack of family time and time off he didn’t have.  So the search was on….

He began to tell former professors and friends that he was “open to the idea of leaving”.  He sent letters to everyone we could think of in… yep, of course, Texas.  He also looked around in Oklahoma as well.  And one day it happened.  A job opened up on the AVMA website.  It looked to be a great job, fewer hours, all equine, horses he would enjoy working with etc.  In fact, the surgeon Matt currently worked with even knew the guy.  He introduced him to Matt.  Matt followed up via email and phone calls.  We even went to visit the practice. 

Finally, on June 5th, Matt officially accepted a new job…. Texas right?  Nope.  Ohio. 


SUMMER

FALL

WINTER

SPRING

No comments:

Post a Comment