Our family

Our family

Friday, July 13, 2012

My Journey- Part 5


The Silver Lining...

Everything was happening so quickly!  We found out we had to move from Calumet by July 1st officially on Derby Weekend.  By Memorial Weekend we were visiting a practice in Ohio.  By the first weekend in June we were accepting an offer, the second weekend led to a search up north for houses,  the 3rd weekend I would have a friend up from Texas visiting and helping, the fourth weekend we’d be in Iowa visiting my dad and then the move would happen that last week of June. Whew!

So imagine the surprise when right in amongst all that we find out that I’m pregnant with our second child.  June 4th to be exact! 

I hadn’t been feeling great, but given the stress of May I was sure that’s all it was.  Nonetheless, things were off and I took a test.  Positive!  I wanted to tell Matt in a fun way, but didn’t really know how.  So I found a shirt online that said “I’m going to be a Big Sister!”.  I said to him, “I found Caylee a cute shirt online that I’m going to order, do you want to see it?”  He replied “no”.  J  I said, “Nope, you have to look, c’mon”.  I showed him the picture and he said, “That’s stupid, why would you get that for her, it doesn’t even make sense.”  I looked at him and said, “Really? You don’t get it?”.  He looked at me again and I finally just said, “I’m pregnant”.  He was shocked.  I don’t really know why he was so shocked.  We wanted our kids close together, but I guess he just didn’t think it would happen that soon.  Later he would tell me that he had actually just been thinking that if I were to get pregnant when she was about a year old they would still be under 2 years apart and wouldn’t that be great.  Oh well!  They’ll be a little closer than he imagined… 15 ½ months to be exact.  But we’re thrilled and very excited! 

I have to say, it didn’t come as quite a shock to me, but once we found out, there was just so much more to be done.  Finding a house, packing, moving etc… several times I kind of forgot I was pregnant (except when the nausea hit!).  Not because I am not happy about this baby, just preoccupied with the one I have I guess.  I’m so excited God gave us this silver lining through everything else that is going on!  I think Caylee will be a fantastic big sis and I’m so excited they will be so close in age.  Many fun years to come!

This isn't the shirt I originally found, but that one didn't come in a good size.  This shirt is still big, but will fit great in a few months!

Clapping :)

2 comments: