Our family

Our family

Monday, July 30, 2012

Festivals!

Well, now that we've had Matt back to ourselves for a few weekends we have definitely taken advantage of it.  We have been to more festivals in 3 weeks than I've been to in years!

 First, we headed to downtown Ottoville for the Catholic Immaculate Conception Church Festival.  There weren't too many people, but they did have Bingo going on in the gym.  We went in, sat down and I immediately won $5!  I was excited.  We were still ahead by $3 when we called it quits and headed over to the ice cream shop for a treat :) 

 Catholic Church
 She is really enjoying the swings!
 We noticed this trend at each festival... people that live close just ride over on their golf carts- some are fancy too!


Next, we went to the Rib Fest in Ottawa.  It was perfect too because I had been craving ribs :)  Although, I will say, my dad's ribs could have beat all of theirs-- I even called him afterwards to tell him to start finding rib contests to enter in!  But, they were still delicious... they had a country band there too and we enjoyed listening to the music. 

We ate at this vendor...




 She was clapping and bouncing up and down to the music... very cute :)



Finally, yesterday, we went to Music in the Park.  They had free hot dogs and hamburgers! I LOVE a good hot dog! :)  It was hosted by the Methodist Church in Westminster, OH.  They had several different acts-- mostly country/bluegrass gospel and a quartet.  We stayed and listened for a while before heading home to put Caylee to bed.  (No good pics from this event)

Festivals are pretty fun... I'll be even more excited when Caylee is big enough to jump on all the blow up things that these places have.  I think she'll really enjoy that. There are plenty more coming up, so we're looking forward to those weekends!  Also, the weather is not hot here at all... mid-80s, so it's great for festivals (people up here seem hot, but we have been enjoying it). 

1 comment:

  1. I'll bet it's kind of nice to go to a festival you didn't have to plan and organize, too, huh?

    ReplyDelete