Our family

Our family

Monday, September 2, 2013

Labor Day

I heard on the radio that "Labor Day" was created as a holiday for anyone who works... anyone who labors... anyone.  Well, today that did not include vets.. particularly Matt.  He labored all day long giving shots, drawing blood, etc.  He did it so that others could enjoy some horse racing on their day off.  One of the downfalls of being a vet is that there really aren't any holidays.  I never remember him getting Labor Day off in vet school either... I guess they were just preparing him!

However, since he was "laboring" in the same place all day (the Van Wert County Fair) we were able to go keep him company.  (One of the perks of being a vet's wife, as compared to a person dr.'s wife, is that their are no patient confidentiality things.  This makes it easy for me to be around him during working hours when we can).  Caylee enjoys the horses and Micah did really well.  After the races, the horses would have to get blood drawn, that's when we'd head out and walk around the fair a bit.  The horses were a little jumpy and since Caylee wants to be wherever Matt is I had to take her away.  Micah got in a nice nap, Caylee scored some delicious ice cream, and I got to watch people and decided that I did not need fried food (i.e. a funnel cake) after seeing the people I saw eating them.  :)  The weather was perfect... high 70s with a breeze and the sun came out right when we arrived! 

We had a nice afternoon, even if Matt was working.  During the races and in between we were still able to play with him and have fun.  The kids loved the truck- I just watched extra closely so no one grabbed a needle or something worse :) 

Here are some family pics we took to start off Sept!


Given the fact this pic was take using a phone by me, it came out pretty cute! 

 I love this one! Finally both smiling at the same time! So hard to do... and magically both looking at me!

Caylee got to help Matt with some paperwork (bottom right)... she'll be a pro before long!

No comments:

Post a Comment