Our family

Our family

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Game Day and other facts you probably didn't need to know!

Today was the big A&M/Alabama game.  Of course it was televised--yea for us getting to watch!  We ended up losing, but it was still a good game... always fun to see them play.  Here are some numbers for you (not game related!)...

They said there were 85,000+ in the stadium today.
Ottoville (where we live) has a population of 900.
Delphos (where Matt works) has a population of 17,000
Van Wert (where we go to church) has a population of 28,000
Lima (where our doctors and activities are) has a population of 38,000

It just amazed me watching the game to think that our entire area could fit into that stadium!! We really live/work/play in small towns!!! 

Anyways, enough about that-- today was also the FIRST day of Micah's swim lessons!! Hooray! I was so excited to get to do something with JUST him.  I adore Caylee, but I always feel guilty that Micah doesn't get one-on-one attention, so this was the perfect solution. 

I worked out first- bodypump, great class.  Then, I picked Micah up from the nursery (Matt was off and had Caylee).  We changed and were all ready!  Then.... right as we were about to get in the water, a little boy pooped in the pool.  Yuck! Class cancelled.  Bummer!  However, I asked the lady and we were allowed to take the kids to the big pool.  Micah and I tried it (since we already had swim stuff on), but it was FREEZING!!  The little pool for lessons is always SUPER warm- almost bath-like.  Micah's little lip was quivering and he was crying screaming, so we didn't last.  Maybe next week will be better.  It was extra fun though because I worked out with a friend and then she brought her son to swim class too. It will be a fun few weeks- as long as that doesn't happen again!


Micah (7 months) and his friend Jamie (14 months).... yes, clearly Micah is big for his age (both boys were standing up here, a little blurry for some reason)!

Disregard my sweatiness... class was hard!  I had to get the standard pre-swim pic though.  I like to be even with my kids (a little obsessive!)

Cheering for the Ag's even in swim class!

Micah is wearing Caylee's old shirt... a little girly, but it worked!

Having fun! (Caylee loved the new bubble gun Matt bought)

Say "cheese!"

Watching the game with Daddy....

 
Or... trying to get his attention and about ripping his shirt... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment