Our family

Our family

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Rain

Back to the common questions I have been getting since we moved up to Kentucky... this one seems silly to even blog about, but people do ask so here ya go: What's the weather like?
  Well... I wish I could send my Texas friends some of this...
It's a massive thunderstorm that just rolled through.  You can't see the lightning, but there is plenty.  It seems every time the rain comes, lightning always comes with it.  Kentucky has some great lightning!  Today the power went out, which is not normal, thank goodness.  We probably get rain 3-4 times per week and about 2-3 of those times it's accompanied with loud thunder and lightning bolts.  I don't mind the rain, I just prefer not to be out in it, so it means more time at home...

It's not too hot here, although they think it is.  Anything above 90 and you're looking at a heat advisory.  Seriously!  The humidity is a little higher, but the rain always brings it down and cools everything off.  I'm thinking the cold weather is right around the corner and I'm not prepared for that at all!!!

I don't know when the leaves will begin to change colors, but I imagine it will be late Sept into Oct... maybe there will be a little color left in Nov.  I'll be sure to take pictures of that when it happens too! I imagine the farm will be gorgeous if they all change together.... 

There ya go folks... that's the weather!

"But the land you are crossing the Jordan to take possession of is a land of mountains
and valleys that drinks rain from heaven." Deuteronomy 11:11

  

No comments:

Post a Comment