Our family

Our family

Monday, August 22, 2011

NURSERY!

Ok... we are finally done with the nursery... I think :)  You never know what else I may decide!  So.. let me preface these pictures with a few things first.
    1. Yes, I had the most adorable frog/turtle theme picked out originally.  However, when I moved up here I was bored... well, boredom led to searching the internet and local stores for other ideas.  So... instead of the super cute frog/turtles, we now have an even cuter, all girl room!
    2. Disregard the curtains.  I needed them to serve 2 purposes... make the room dark and to hide the hideous blue blinds (clearly a man must have picked these out... they are UGLY!).  The windows in this house are oddly shaped (probably bc it's so old).  Due to that, and the fact that we hope to not be here forever I did not want to waste a ton of money or time on curtains, so they aren't exactly a perfect fit.  The brown goes with the bedding anyways and they do a great job at making the room dark... nap times shouldn't be a problem! 
    3. Thanks to Matt (you can't tell from the pics of course), all the furniture is exacty where I want it.  I had him move it around about a dozen times-- literally, I had him try every wall :)  But he was a great sport about it and now it seems to flow nicely! 

Ok... so here are the pics-- again.. not easy taking pictures of a room so you aren't getting the full effect, it really is so cute!

*view from the door... that is the pack n' play in the box by the bookshelf... the pic frames on the bookshelf are waiting (just 10 more weeks!) for pics of our new family!!!  .... obviously, there is still tons of room on the bookshelves for more books and toys!! Yea!
**Sidenote: Do you see the hideous blue blinds??  I'm just saying.... :)

*we had a crib from a friend, but that style ended up being recalled (after all the hard work by friends to load it in my car too- sorry!), so once we had to start from scratch I went with white (something else I said I'd NEVER do).  In a weird way, it helps the walls not look so white themselves... plus it's very girly and will convert to a toddler bed later!  The bedding is Coco Dot Bedding from Pottery Barn Kids and has light pink, green, blue-ish/aqua and brown (thus the colors you see around the rest of the room). 

*the recliner is probably one of the best investments..the brown goes with the room, it's leather so spills and dog hair can easily be wiped clean, and it's SO comfortable (it rocks too). (I missed the picture of Matt napping in there yesterday, he loves the chair as well!)

*I had to have some color on this wall.. her name is perfect!  We spray painted the letters a light blue/aquaish color and then sprayed a light sparkle.... I hung them with fabric and it looks SO cute! 

*An up-close pic of the flower arrangement I made to sit on the bookshelf...

*Up-close view of the crib.  I have since moved the pillow with her name on it to the recliner, but this view gives you a better idea of all the colors!


Overall, I am very happy with the way things turned out! I love the simple shapes and I love that I had so many options of color to bring out.  It's the only room in the house completely finished and I am looking forward to spending lots of time in it!  

2 comments:

  1. i see the ladybug book! :) we miss you guys... mackensie would have made an awesome babysitter for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE IT! SUPER CUTE NURSERY!!! And, only 10 weeks! WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete