Our family

Our family

Monday, August 8, 2011

I Will Follow

For the past 4 1/2 or so months our life has been pretty much turned upside down.  I believe God speaks to us in many ways and gives comfort in many ways.  For me, I have had a few solid friends, great verses from the Bible to encourage me and music.  Yep, music...  there are two songs that have "spoken" to me during these months of change.  The first I will talk about today...

Chris Tomlin's "I Will Follow"... here are some of the lyrics:

Where you go, I'll go
Where you stay, I'll stay
When you move, I'll move
I will follow...

All your ways are good
All your ways are sure
I will trust in you alone
Higher than my side
High above my life
I will trust in you alone

     Obviously, this song can take on different meaning for different people.  However, I distinctly remember hearing this song for the first time after we had come back from our initial Kentucky visit.  I won't lie, I cried.  Right then, I knew we'd be moving and I knew we'd be moving to Kentucky.  Some people may call this a coincidence, some may think I'm completely crazy.  But I truly believe I heard this song as a comfort.  Yes, I cried, but that's because I HATE change and I was completely happy and comfortable with our life in Texas.  The song was a huge comfort because it continually reminded me that God was in control and that by following Him our ways would be sure.   
      A week or so later, Matt called on his way home from another job possibility, I knew he'd made up his mind.  He told me that the other possibility just wouldn't work and he wanted to accept the job in Kentucky.  All I remember saying was, "I know."  I'm sure he thought I was crazy too-- but I did know... I was just waiting for him to come to the same conclusion :).
     Just because I know we're supposed to be here and I definitely feel that God led us here, doesn't mean it's been easy.  In fact, it's been harder than I imagined it would be!  When I hear this song, it still helps to remind me that we have a purpose here, we're just trying to figure it out... and maybe we may never know the purpose... that's where faith comes in, trusting that God has a plan even when we don't see it. 
      So today... I'm thankful for the friends who call and txt and keep me sane, for the time I get to spend in God's word and the verses that He gives me and for constant reminders of God's presence through music!!   

1 comment:

  1. We've moved twice and it hasn't gotten easier. It's hard being the new person, always having to put yourself out there. But, I do find comfort knowing that we are exactly where God wants us, even when I don't understand.

    ReplyDelete