Our family

Our family

Friday, February 10, 2012

Florida-Part 1- Airplanes & Sleeping!

This past week Caylee and I headed down south to Florida!  We were spending the week with my mom and grandparents (Caylee's Grandma and Great Grandfather and Great Grandma), my aunt (Caylee's Great Aunt) joined us from Seattle too!  I was pretty nervous about getting down there because this would be Caylee's first plane ride.  I just didn't want her little ears to hurt with the pressure changes because mine always do.  She had no problem at all!! On the way from Lexington to Orlando she slept the entire way.  On the way from Orlando back to Lexington she slept going up and coming down and woke up a little in the middle, but she didn't fuss or anything. 
I tried to get a few pics from the traveling part....Since she slept the entire first flight, I only have a few pics from the return flight... 

Sitting in her own seat... no, this wasn't really her own seat, but we had the whole row to ourselves, so I let her play a little and showed her the clouds through the window.



She was more interested in the man's head in front of us


Waiting for flights... it's so easy to take a stroller through security and nice because I don't have to carry her for hours and hours since she already has to sit on my lap for the entire flight.


I was also worried about Caylee sleeping well once we got to Florida.  My mom had a pack n play set up in the bedroom.  For one thing, she has never slept in a pack n play.  For another, she has never slept multiple nights in the same room as me.  (We started her early in her room because I didn't want her waking up everytime Matt had to get up early or come in late or take a phone call).  Anyways... this trip we were in the same room and she slept GREAT!  (Even with all of my coughing and sneezing... I'm not sick, just allergies I think).  I was so happy with how well she did sleeping!  She was always very happy in the morning too.....


So... those were my 2 biggest fears going into this trip and God took care of them both!  Caylee did amazing traveling, which is exciting because we have many more trips planned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment