Our family

Our family

Friday, December 30, 2011

Napping...

Early on Caylee slept all the time, but never in her crib.  (I've mentioned that before).  At 4 weeks, when the doctor assured me that she could cry in her crib a while, he also suggested I start putting her in her crib for naps.  At the beginning, every time she'd fall asleep I'd move her to her crib.  Well, after a few days I realized that would never work.  At about 5 1/2 weeks I started putting her in her crib 2 times a day and let her stay as long as she could... she only ever made it 30 minutes and I wasn't consistent because I usually run errands in the mornings.  Finally, I decided to clear my afternoons (not like I have anything to do!) and make sure that we were home between 1 and 3 every day.  After the first 3 days of this I immediately noticed a change.  She wouldn't fall asleep, but she would lay in her crib content for about an hour.  Yea!  By day 4 she was falling asleep for at least 45 minutes and would sometimes be in her crib a little over an hour! Yea again!  This past week, she has been sleeping a solid 2 hours in her crib every afternoon.  When I lay her down now, it only takes about 10-20 minutes before she is asleep and she sleeps 2 hours after that.  I have time to take a nap, do laundry, wash dishes etc! (sometimes I choose just to nap though) :)  These naps have really helped her in the evenings, she is much happier!

I'm sure we will have some rough days, but for now she is happily asleep in the afternoons!

This is not an ultrasound pic... this is a pic on our tv from the camera above her crib.  She has always slept with her hands up, so funny!


She sleeps so well, sometimes I have to go in and start turning lights on to wake up for a bottle. 


No comments:

Post a Comment