Our family

Our family

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Double Birthday!

Yes, it seems this month has been all about Caylee's birthday.  Today is the actual day, but it is also extra special because it's Matt's birthday today too!  Last year, I had a super cute outfit for the nurses to put on Caylee that said "Happy Birthday Daddy".  She never wore it... that day was a whirlwind and I was a mess, I forgot to have them put it on her.  Needless to say, his birthday was very much forgotten last year, except for getting to hold Caylee!

This year, he gets dinner and dessert of his choice, but again Caylee has overshadowed his day a little :)  He doesn't mind, and he's a GREAT person for her to share her birthday with!

Caylee adores Matt.  Don't get me wrong, she loves me too, and in crowds can be very clingy to me (which I like).  However, we can have terrible, awful days (full of whining, screaming, no naps, etc), but the minute Matt walks in the door she is the happiest person ever.  Sometimes this doesn't seem fair (I'll admit it!), but I do love that she loves him so.  I also love that he can play with her while I shower, (maybe for the first time in 2 days-seriously, it can be rough!), or just relax while he takes over.  I have heard from friends that their kids don't always rush to Daddy and it's a battle for him to do anything- not the case here, and I'm thankful for that!  He is always just as excited to see her too!  They are great buddies and it's extra special that they get to share a birthday together!


Birthday Buddies from day 1!
 
About 3 Months
 
About 4 months
 
About 7 months
 
About 11 months
 
1 year

 
Happy Birthday to two very special people! I love you! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment