Our family

Our family

Monday, September 26, 2011

Fall

This past Friday (Sept 23) was officially the first day of Fall!  I can't even believe how quickly the months have been passing.  I am very thankful because we have had some rough months of transition, but things seem to be smoothing out.  Still... I can't believe Fall is officially here. 

One good thing about living in Kentucky is the changing of the seasons.  I am not particularly fond of colder seasons, so I am really not looking forward to what is to come.  For the time being, I am enjoying seeing the beauty each new season brings.  People say this year has been colder much quicker than normal- of course, the year we move here!  But despite the rain and 60 degree temps we have had a few nice days in between... mid-70s and sunny, just about perfect weather to be outside.  The other day, we had one of these days so I took advantage and went to the Arboretum at UK campus.  It's a very pretty place and they keep it landscaped nicely.  They have walking trails, people picnic, dogs are allowed and it's overall a very family friendly place to visit. I was hoping to see some fall foilage and was able to get some pictures!  The trees have not yet made their complete transformation, but that's what makes it so neat. 

Here are some pics of the trees beginning to change colors for the fall....

    This pic is the overall landscape of the Arboretum... obviously, there is still plenty of green. 


I love these trees because you can start seeing the transformation.. (that is UK stadium in the background)


This tree is completely transformed to a bright yellow.  The yellow trees are great for all the cloudy days we have here, they brighten things up and help keep it from looking too gloomy.


I couldn't find trees with bright red leaves- those are my favorite- instead, I found a tree with these bright red berries.  Not sure what type, but they make the tree so pretty. 


This is a closer picture of the trees changing... orange is probably my least favorite of the colors, but it is still pretty-- especially blended with the yellows and reds. 


I had to throw this in... we have LOTS of clouds in Kentucky-- too much for my liking-- but occassionally there are gorgeous sunsets because of the clouds and the way the sun goes down.  This was Saturday night as Matt and I were driving home through the farm....


No comments:

Post a Comment